Extract from the letter written by Shree Maharaj to Dr. S.D.Joshi,Esq, President,Shree Sadguru Wasudevanant Saraswati Sewa Mandal. in First edition of ‘Tuchi Baap Dhani’
I note that your Mandal has decided to celebrate the Birth Anniversary of ShreeSadguru Vasudevanant Saraswati Alias Baba Maharaj Sahasrabuddhe on 15,16,&17-11-67; you have sought my permission for the purpose and you have also submitted an application for the permission to me.
I have to inform you in this respect as under:
The land (denoted by) Plot No.321 DCS No.937D is personally owned by Sou. Nirmalatai Neelkanth Khare, Resident of Wardha. Samadhi Mandir of her father i.e. Brahmibhoot Shree Sadguru Vasudevanant Saraswati alias Shri Raosaheb Sahasrabuddhe constructed by her in that plot is owned personally by her. I have taken this place on 18-08-1956 on a Registered Lease of Thirty years from her and I have undertaken in writing to take care of her Ownership and other Rights. Accordingly, I have (always) to take care of her ownership rights and I have been doing it till now.
You are all devotees of Shree Sadguru Baba Maharaj and you wish to celebrate his Birth Anniversary at this place in his Samadhi Mandir and therefore you have requested for permission to use this place for the purpose of …… to bring and keep other required material, to use the place for the purpose of celebration (from date 1-11-1967 to 30-11-1967). I give permission to your Mandal for the above period without any charges for the purpose on following conditions.
- Mandal may use the place and celebrate (birth anniversary) without affecting any of My or Sou. Nirmalabai Neelkanth Khare’s rights and interests.
- I will not allow any person to enter in this place if I personally feel that he is not fit to come to this place or if I feel that someone is actively hostile to this place. During the above period all the persons who come to this place through Mandal for work or for celebration, they all will have to observe my rules stipulated for behavior at this place in totality. If anybody breaks the rule behaving to the contrary or in an undisciplined manner I will ask him to go out of this place at any time and I am not bound to clarify the matter to anybody. Who should come to this place and who should not is my personal right and even if I have given permission to Mandal, this my (privilege) right remains unaffected.
- The building herein and other material over here will be allowed to be utilized (for the celebration) without any charges. However if during the period any damage to the building, place or the material over here, takes place or is done by anyone, the Mandal will have to bear the expenses therefor.
- I will not be responsible for any of the actions of Mandal during the period of celebration. Mandal will have to take responsibility for it in all respects.
- If any of the persons invited by Mandal is dangerous for this place, I will cancel his invitation and I will ask him to go out of this place without any reference to you.
- Ladies and Gents should behave within their limits with decency and should not forget to remain secluded during the celebration period.
- No person from the Mandal or one who has come on their behalf will behave so as to bring disrespect to ‘Shree’ or Shree’s abode. There should not be any bickering or backbiting. (Every one) should do his best to behave with absolute devotion in pure holy (saatvik) and pious environment. You will be responsible for adherence to all these conditions.
I am giving you permission on the above conditions and that too because you are devotee of Shree and taking note of your emotions. After the celebration (period) is over you will neither have any connection \ right whatsoever with this place nor you will have any other right vested in you, in any manner. Please note this (very) carefully. I have read the concluding paragraph of your application and I concur with it.
V. G. Joshi